We work closely with Port Authorities, Queens harbour Masters, berth operators and service providers to ensure port visits run smoothly and as planned.
Casper Defence consults and liaises directly with the various Royal Navy Liaison Officers responsible for each region of the UK ensuring the unique needs of Naval vessels are understood and met by all involved.
As well as our coverage at commercial ports around the UK, Casper Defence also operates within the UK’s three Naval bases providing ‘Husbandry Services’ to visiting warships. Casper Defence employees are all security cleared/vetted and able to operate within the confines of the Naval bases and other secure locations providing any and all services that fall outside that of the host nation/QHM.
Port agency and Naval husbandry services throughout the UK include but are not limited to:
- 24/7/365 operational attendance
- Co-ordination of port services (Pilots, towage, line handling etc)
- Berth Management (Pre-planning, fender placement, brows, anti-pollution equipment etc)
- Alongside support (Provisions, fresh water, sewage/oily waste removal, trash/hazardous waste etc)
- Communication solutions (Mobile phone provision, data provision, network equipment etc)
- Transport services (Liberty transport, water taxi, coaches, minivans, cars and self drive vehicle hire etc)
- Force protection security services (Guards, fencing, shelters, restricting public access etc)
- Mail and other services (Mail, courier and freight forwarding services etc)
- Adhoc Services (Bunkering, plant hire, repairs, inspections, expendable and consumable items etc)
- Crew Support (Welfare, medical, accommodation, transfers, laundry etc)
- Documentation (Customs formalities, local authority permits, liaising with statutory authorities etc)